(Game not over until you win. Photo by spookyAMD)
It’s late summer and time again to vote for SXSW 2014 speakers! We’d like to offer some suggestions culled from the more than 500 presentation, workshop and panel ideas submitted by our interactive brethren and sistren. Sign in and vote with the ever-popular Panel Picker.
First, please check out (and vote for!) Razorfish’s content, design and tech-oriented panels:
- Content Modelling: Designing Structured Content – A workshop co-led by Rachel Lovinger. Learn how to create content models that communicate a shared understanding of the content requirements, align the design vision with editorial needs, convey them in a tech-ready form, and bring your strategy for structured content to life.
- WTF RWD! Agreeing to Disagree – A panel including Austin CS Hawk Thompson. A friendly, but heated, debate on responsive web design and how it interweaves with coding, analytics, SEO and user experience.
- Mismatched: What’s Wrong With Recognizing Patterns – Frequent Scatter/Gather contributor Robert Stribley, fresh off his first SXSW appearance this year, will talk about how, faced with a daily onslaught of data, we make decisions every moment based on the patterns we recognize. But what can go wrong with the way we identify these patterns?
- Technology’s Public Relations Crisis – Presentation Layer Engineer Elizabeth Fuller will put a humorous spin on our society’s misconceptions about scientific & technological progress and offer some solutions along the way.
- Passions and Platforms: Digital Love & Basketball – Media Technology Specialist Tricia Andrew will talk about her journey through fandom, as a die-hard Oklahoma City Thunder fan (despite growing up with the Knicks and living within a stone’s throw of the new Barclay Center). Tricia will describe how she went from simple consumer to Thunder brand evangelist, and offer tips for transforming your own customers. [Editor’s note: We’ve seen Tricia give a version of this talk in the office and it is amazing!]
And here are some other content focused submissions that we hope make the cut:
Content Strategies for Augmented Reality – Speakers: John Tinnell, University of Colorado, Denver, and Sean Morey, Clemson University
Great Artists Steal: Plan Content With UX Tools – Speaker: Laura Creekmore, Creek Content
Using Narrative Taxonomy in UX Design – Speakers: Alex O’Neal, TEKsystems
The Data of Happiness: The ROI of Good Content – Speakers: Clay Delk, Volusion, Misty Weaver Content Insight
Assertive Strategy: Content Amid Constraints – Margot Bloomstein, Appropriate, Inc.
Baby Got Backend – Jeff Eaton, Lullabot
Go Home Marketing, You Are Drunk – Kristina Halvorson, Brain Traffic
Content Everywhere: Preparing for Mobile & Beyond – Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Independent
Did we miss your SXSW content submission or another one you want to promote? Let us know by posting a comment.